Monday, November 15, 2010

What to do when your life is a barf bag

So what exactly is the protocol when life uses you as its' own personal barf bag? See, I was minding my own business, walking along in my life, singing "tra-la-la-la-la" & then life just decided to up chuck on me. Now I'm covered in yucky vomit chunks & reek of that oh-so-unpleasant aroma of bile. Wonderful, isn't it? So what do you do when life throws up on you & you're stuck without a change of clothes? To be honest, I'm not really all that sure. What I can tell you is that right now I'm living in Psalm 23. I'm simply trusting that God will get me through this dark valley of death & I'm looking forward to those green meadows. I'm profusely blessed with many people who are incredibly supportive & I'm extremely thankful for them.

I also take my joy where I can. Last night I fell asleep with Waldo (my 8 month old kitten) right by my head & this morning we had some time to ourselves. I think Waldo is an example of God providing me my needs before I know I need them. In this time of strain where I've been transported to this strange land where my life doesn't make sense anymore, I have Waldo to make me smile. In a way he helps remind me who I am, that I am a person who can find joy & laughter in strange places.

So that is my story & where I am at. If you are reading this, then I hope that life hasn't thrown up on you too, because it's not the most pleasant experience. I think I'd rather be anywhere but where I am now. But if you are in the midst of an experience that makes you feel like you too are a barf bag, then find comfort that you are not alone. Life is wonderful & beautiful, but sometimes we just get barfed on & there is always hope to get through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment