Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Living with Joy

Lately I'm thinking of how I would define myself & have other people see me. It's an interesting concept to think of. I think if I were to define myself with one word it would be joy. Yes, I will always choose joy. Given the choice I will always laugh & smile. That's not to say that I don't experience sadness or pain or that I ignore those feelings. I just think that it takes strength to not recoile away from the world & new expereinces while you're going through tough times. I think it takes strength to look beyond your pain & see the wonder & beauty in your life.

Consequently, I don't believe in bad days. There is no day that is so completely aweful as to be labelled a bad day. There is value & joy in every day if you choose to look for it. And we always have that choice. Don't get me wrong, I don't live my life with rose coloured glasses on. Sometimes life can suck but that doesn't mean I can't be joyous. Also, I find the more you choose joy the easier it becomes, to the point where it's almost second nature. Not only that, but if you choose joy,  it becomes infectious. You can infect others with joy & love. And to me, the harder it is to find joy in your life, the more rewarding it is when you do. With me a great part of this is my faith. My faith gives me the strength to choose joy.

Not to mention that it is just so much fun to choose joy. It is so entertaining to watch people's reaction to you when they think you should be in a sad place & you're smiling. I will not let myself be labelled by hardships or difficulties in my life. I always try to let my true self shine through. I always choose joy.

1 comment:

  1. You are my super hero! I am so thankful that you are constant in my life. I want to choose joy...but it is hard when the people that I am closest too live thousands of kilometers away. My joy is in another city and in another province altogether. I am trying my hardest to find joy here...but I find is compliance and life is passing me bye. I miss you my dear friend...so much more than I can ever say or type. I pray that joy comes soon...until then, I am working and waiting.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete