Thursday, October 14, 2010

Randomness of the Adventure that is my Life

Today, for whatever reason, I woke up in an extremely good mood. Today I feel thankful for everything in my life. I am so blesssed to have so many people in my life who care about me. Sometimes we can get so caught up & busy that we forget that there are all these wonderful people in our lives. Yesturday I dropped some shortbread off at my Pa's house & visited with him for a while. While he's not big on conversation, he's great company. And on the way home it really hit me how fortunate I am. I was driving home thinking, "Who am I to be so blessed?"

And I think part of this is the joy of the journey to get back to who I am. I think I let myself forget a little along the way. I'm not sure when it happened, but now it's just so much fun letting myself shine through now. I think life can be a great adventure, especially when you don't know where you're going. I'm not saying that I don't have any drive for my life, but I don't exactly know where I'll be in 5 years other than in a place that's different from where I am now. I'm just going forward & that's ok.

Actually, I'd say that's pretty awesome. See, I love suprises & I can't wait to be suprised as to where I'll go next. I feel a little like I'm stuck in this amazing book & I can't wait to see what's on the next page or chapter. So again I am learnig to be me. In some ways I'm pushing myself to be more me than I ever was before.

I think life can be one big collection of suprises if you let it. If you let yourself be suprised by the little things that happen every day you'll discover it's a lot of fun. For me that means appriciating the small things. Like today I found a dime on the floor. Yes, I know it's only ten cents, but I love putting change I find in this piggy bank at home. It's all kind of childish, but it's fun & I love it. If you let it, finding a dime on the ground can be like finding a treasure that everyone else overlooked. I think life would be so much more fun if we'd all look at it fresh & new like children do. I think we let ourselves forget how somewhere along the way, but I'm trying to remember.


"Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them."- Antione de Saint-Exupery

No comments:

Post a Comment